Righthander Chaz Roe

weams

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to think they are going to put Schoop on the 60 day DL to make room for a guy named Chaz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> must make 40 man move. Could move schoop to 60 day DL</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Schoop, not Gausman...will be going to the 60 day DL.

I hate to think they are going to put Schoop on the 60 day DL to make room for a guy named Chaz.

Schoop will now be eligible to return on June 17. And those who said July are looking pretty good right now. As Buck said initially, "We hope to see him play again this season."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> must make 40 man move. Could move schoop to 60 day DL</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Schoop, not Gausman...will be going to the 60 day DL.

Yea, that is what I said.

I guess Mr Roe is more dispensable then someone like Givens since he will most likely be DFA'd the next time a move needs to be made.

Yea, that is what I said.

I guess Mr Roe is more dispensable then someone like Givens since he will most likely be DFA'd the next time a move needs to be made.

It was a joke. We were being told that Gausman, not Wieters would be put directly on the 60 day last time this happened.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This is actually three starts in a row where his fastball command wasn’t good.   But at least he was commanding his other pitches last night.   He was a little fortunate yesterday IMO, but we’ll take it!
    • I'd say about 8-10%, of which 30% were AHs. lol Did meet some nice people that drove 3 hours from Brooklyn with 2 little kids.   
    • Cowser has cooled off.  Mountcastle actually has been very steady.  
    • The latter.  Evidence shows the umpires have improved significantly.  However, they’re still missing calls 7-8% of the time, which is a lot.  
    • Your impression that the O’s should starters are throwing more innings than at any time in the last 20 years is probably wrong.  In 2004, the league averaged 5.9 IP/start and the O’s were at 5.6.   This year, the league is at 5.2 and the O’s are at 5.6.   So, the O’s are in the same spot as they were 20 years ago, but the league has dropped by 0.7 IP per start so the current O’s are much improved relative to the league.  I’m not going to spend the time looking up every year between 2004 and 2024, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the O’s were above 5.6 a couple of times back when the league average was above that.   What has changed is that the O’s are a contender and play competitive games almost every night.  You can’t just turn a game over to Joe Scrub in the 5th/6th inning knowing that the game is hopeless.  So, that places more pressure on the relievers who are actually good to bear the brunt of the load, and causes managers to go to their best guys even when it’s pretty obvious that they could use an extra day off.    
    • "Mr. Firestone, your insistence on excessive ellipses is egregious.  To the stockade with you!!!"
    • You are right, it's a challenge. We do have 8 guys to play with, so on a given night you are hopefully resting the majority of guys. They have a system for determining who is available. These days it is probably an app. Hyde will then use any guy that the system has cleared to go. If they don't have enough guys you option the tired guys and bring up fresh arms from the taxi squad. I believe they should allow 12 player/14 pitcher rosters to reduce wear and tear, but the position players in MLBPA probably don't like that and MLB hates pitching changes 
  • Popular Contributors